Although I am not a gluten-free eater, nor do I typically create any gluten-free meals or dishes, I understand that many people these days prefer to dine sans-gluten. So, for my gluten free friends and followers, here is a gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe from you all, courtesy of FitSugar
Low-Cal, Pumpkin Pie Spiced Muffins Minus the Gluten
Paleo, gluten-, and dairy-free eaters can rejoice! Here’s a perfect pumpkin muffin that covers the dietary restrictions at your table. These light and fluffy beauties can serve as a tasty breakfast to fuel your day, but they’re sweet enough to feel like a treat. One of these muffins is less than 140 calories, so grab two in the morning for a quick breakfast that will keep you satisfied throughout the morning.
Keep reading for this delicious 25-minute recipe.
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut oil melted
2 teaspoons organic vanilla
1/4 cup raw honey, melted
3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Sift the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, mix all remaining ingredients, except for the walnuts, until well blended. Add the sifted flour mixture to the pumpkin puree mixture, and mix well until smooth.
- Divide the batter between muffin pans, and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Calories per serving
- Gluten free pumpkin cookies (simplycalledfood.com)
- Review: Udi’s Gluten Free Fall Favorites! (mommyreporter.com)