Hey guys! Can you believe it is the LAST day of 2013? When I sit here and think back to the last day of 2012, I am stunned to realize how fast time has passed by and how much has happened in the last 365 days. This year has been one of growth and change for me (I hope I can say that about most years), and I am so excited to see what lies ahead in 2014.
Starting this blog was one of the most out-of-the-ordinary things for me to do, and I’ve truly enjoyed sharing with you guys my favorite healthy (for the most part) recipes, some parts of my fitness routine, and my love for running. As the year comes to a close, I thought a round-up post of your favorite recipes I’ve put on the blog would be a fun post to do. So here goes!
1. Homemade Tortilla Chips
2. Bang Bang Shrimp – Lightened Up!
3. Homemade Pizza
4. Balsamic Chicken Caprese
6. Mango Strawberry Banana Smoothie
7. Honey Vanilla Overnight Oats
8. Blackened Tilapia Tacos
9. Peanut Butter Granola
10. Hummus at Home
11. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
12. Baked Chicken, Penne and Vegetable Pasta
13. Banana Walnut Loaf
I wish you all a safe, happy and healthy New Year!
I have the best fiance who recently shared with me the best post ever from Buzzfeed. And because I love you all so much, I’m going to share it with you.
31 Delicious Things To Cook In October
Roasted vegetables, welcome back to the regular dinner rotation.
1. Butternut Squash Pizza with Hazelnut Dough
Hazelnut dough? Sure. Recipe here.
2. Coq au Vin
Absolutely my favorite way to eat chicken. If you’ve never tried making this, you really should. Recipe here.
3. Apple Cinnamon Crepes
This is how you get away with eating apple pie for breakfast. Recipe here.
4. Sweet and Spicy Roasted Carrots, Parsnips, and Chickpeas
Roasted root vegetables, welcome back to my regular dinner rotation. Recipe here.
5. Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Dulce de Leche
So many things about this are so, so right. Recipe here.
6. Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Cherry Tomatoes and Cannellini Beans
7. Fricassee of Chanterelles
Because pappardelle is the most underrated of all the pastas. Recipe here.
8. Chocolate-Dipped Pears with Almond Crunch
If caramel apples aren’t really your thing. Recipe here.
9. Mortadella and Cheese Panini
Why bother with 300 Sandwiches if you’ve already found the one? Recipe here.
10. Apple and Browned Butter Tart
11. Butternut Squash Skillet Lasagna
12. Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts with Chili Fish Sauce
Seriously, get on the fish sauce bandwagon, already. Recipe here.
13. Leeks Vinaigrette
14. Brussels Sprout and Chorizo Beer Hash
Because, beer for breakfast. Recipe here.
15. Halloween Bark
SO easy. Recipe here.
16. Persian Quince Jam
17. Roasted Cauliflower, Sage, and Almond Risotto
18. Seared Pork with Apples and Broccoli
19. Kale, Cranberry, and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
20. Carrot Cake with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
21. Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup
22. Roasted Garlic and Parsnip Soup with Lemon Sage Butter
23. Stuffed Pears en Croute
That’s a pear, stuffed with cheese, wrapped in puff pastry, and drizzled with honey. Recipe here.
24. Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Balsamic Sage Brown Butter
25. French Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
Let the baking season begin. Recipe here.
26. Mashed Potato Cheddar and Chive Waffles
How has this taken so long to figure out? Recipe here.
27. Homemade Apple Cider Cocktail
With booze or without. Recipe here.
28. Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread
29. Crockpot Carne Asada Nachos
Sunday SUNDAY! Recipe here.
30. Brown Butter Pumpkin Seed Espresso Glazed Granola
Rise and shine! Recipe here.
31. Moroccan Roasted Beets with Pomegranate Seeds